The very sweet and sassy HappyComeLucky nominated me for a Liebster award, and to say I was pleasantly surprised would be a ginormous understatement. Let’s say I was FUCKTACULARLY surprised, and I’m still all kinds of giddy about it. Thank you, Honey, for the nomination!!!
The award comes with rules, so if you are nominated, you are required to do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you.
3. Provide eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award and have less than one thousand followers.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
Those are easy rules, right? Let’s do this!!
First, here are my answers to HappyComeLucky’s questions:
1. What three words would you choose to describe your blogging persona?
That is a good question. Hmm, I would have to say: goofy, perverted and odd. Heavy on the perverted.
2. Is there something that you have been scared or nervous to post on your blog, but you have done it anyway? What was it, and how did it work out?
That would have to be “Sharing the Good, Sharing the Bad”. I kept my abuse secret for so long, I still can’t believe I talked about it on a public forum. But the post received a lot of positive feedback, and I’m glad I took the leap. I have been working on part 2 of that piece for about a month, but I don’t know if I’ll ever finish, or have the courage to post it.
3. What is your favorite drink for when you are relaxed and enjoying yourself?
I can’t pick one, but I can narrow it down to three: whiskey (straight up or in a cocktail), martinis of many types, and sangria.
4, Would you describe yourself as impulsive or a planner? How does your approach to blogging fit in with that?
I am impulsive about some things, and a ridiculous planner in others. For example if I’m going on a trip, I have to plan it down to the last detail. My blog is a different story. I post when I get the urge, or an idea, and I never stick to a schedule. I admire people who have a blogging schedule, and I’ve tried to adapt to one, but I can’t seem to pull it off.
5. Which body part fascinates you and why?
Eyes. (Raise your hand if you thought I was going to say “cocks”!) When I was younger and in the habit of sketching every day, I always drew eyes. Always. I love the expression about eyes being windows to the soul, I truly believe that statement.
6. Which memes do you take part in?
Not as many as I should. I try and participate in Wicked Wednesday as often as possible, because the writing prompts are always inspiring. I recently joined the Sinful Sunday crowd, but I can’t get something posted every week. My goal is to complete each monthly challenge because, again, the prompts are inspiring.
7. If a genie offered you three blogging/publishing wishes, what would they be?
1. Publish an entire novel
2. Publish another anthology
3. Start my own publishing company.
8. Bath or shower and why?
Shower because it’s faster and I can get back to writing.
9. Do you have a life mantra/motto? What is it?
Climb high and take as many people with you on the way up as you can.
10. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
I was going to say watching gay porn, but I don’t really feel guilty about that. Let’s see, I love to go on Tumblr and search for “hot, long-haired dudes”, but I don’t feel the need to apologize for that, either. Besides, I have the convenient excuse that I’m “doing important writing research”.
11. How did you choose the name of your blog?
I sat down with pen & paper and wrote down whatever popped into my head. Other candidates were “The Insane Ramblings of a Dirty Broad” and “Smut-tacular Smutty Smut”. I wanted a name that shouted “I write erotica” but sounded classy. Here’s the really stupid part, I came up with the name for my blog before my pen name. Oleander is a poison, and Plume is French for pen. I almost picked Belladonna Plume, actually, but Oleander Plume was easier to pronounce. Fun fact: when I tell people my pen name for the first time they always look confused. I like that.
Eleven random facts about myself:
1. When I am deep into creating a story, I forget to eat.
2. The first piece of erotica I ever wrote was a gay scene between Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner. It was a whole ‘nother kind of sword fight!
3. I can’t relax if a picture frame is hanging crooked, I even straighten out other peoples artwork. (No one ever appreciates my efforts, btw.)
4. 50% of the books I own are about health and/or nutrition, 30% are Get Fuzzy comic books, 10% are the Far Side compilations, 5% are books about Egypt, and the remaining 5% is erotica.
5. I dream about owning a classic car, like a ’65 ‘stang, or a ’56 Nomad station wagon.
6. Number 5 will never happen unless I can afford a chauffeur, because I a TERRIBLE driver.
7. I used to play The Sims constantly.
8. I downloaded hacks so that my Sims could get naked and have sex. You haven’t lived until you have created a Sims orgy.
9. I once spent two hours searching the ‘net for naked photos of David Duchovny. (I finally found one, but he was holding a coffee mug over his cock, it was very disappointing.)
10. I blew out the speakers in my car by cranking Incubus at top volume.
11. Supernatural is my favorite TV show of all time. My wallpaper, screen saver and lock screen are all Sam, Dean and Castiel. (There are no naked photos of any of them on the ‘net. Trust me on this.)
Now I get to nominate other bloggers – STELLAR!!
1. C. E. Hansen
5. Jacob Louder
6. Kenny C.
7. L. Maretta
Should you choose to participate (no pressure!), here are my 11 questions for you:
1. What would you pick to be your personal theme song?
2. Tell me your favorite movie quote (and what movie it’s from).
3. What have you always wanted to write about, but haven’t yet?
4. What are you wearing on your feet right now?
5. What is your favorite sex position to put your story characters into?
6. Would you like fries with that?
7. Favorite cartoon character?
8. You just won a million dollars, what would you do first?
9. BCILF? (Book Character I’d Like to Fuck)
10. Who is your favorite music artist?
11. What are you writing at the moment?
Thanks again to HappyComeLucky for nominating me, it was so much fun to participate in this!